Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Vatican and St. Peters

I don't even know where to begin in this post! I am SO blessed with all I got to see today! I took 188 pictures and I didn't even take a picture of the majority of things! The Vatican had SO many beautiful statues! It was amazing how big they were and to thing that they were just some art in somebody's villa home or something!

The Sistine Chapel was AMAZING!!! I met up with my new American friend Monet and she went with me today. She brought her trusty Rick Steve tour guide book! He is one cool guy! SO much information in those books! We got to look at the paintings in the Sistine Chapel and know what each picture was and what it represented!

The ceilings in these places were amazing too! I will post a couple of pictures of those too!

Then we went into St. Peters church. I stood in the place where Peter was crucified.

Ok here are a just a few of the pictures I took today!







This is a mask that was used during plays!





One of the many beautiful ceilings! 


Story is that this statue was hit by lightning and then because it was hit it was burned on the spot! Not sure why though. 





One of the MANY paintings on the wall!


Raphael painted this one,and he painted himself in it (look in next picture)!


He is the one with the black hat on!


St. Peters!


One of the MANY statues in St. Peters.


Looking up into the dome that Michelangelo built. 


The canopy that was HUGE!!!!!


Famous statue of Mary holding Jesus.


These pictures just do not do it justice! You just have to go there....and take me!

Love you-
Kellie








No comments: