Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence Day what?

So I am in Italy for Independence Day which means there is no Independence Day. Today was just another Sunday for me. But first I want to start with dinner last night.

Last night Andrew invited a young couple over for dinner. He invited them over because the wife is American! She came over here in 2007 for a mission trip and met Marco, her now husband, and they got married this last May. It was wonderful to have some English conversation! Their names are Monet and Marco. They live close to the city of Rome so when I have my week without the boys she is going to show me around Rome! I am very excited! I told Monet that my family and friends where telling me to come back with an Italian hottie...she said that that is what everybody told her too. But she said, "No! I am going to serve the Lord, not look for a husband!" But apparently God had other plans. I told her that my family wants me to find an Italian but to bring him back to the states, not me live in Italy! But from my perspective right now, we don't have to worry about me moving to Italy!

Church was good today! I am glad I have my own personal translator. Last week I tried to figure out if I knew the songs they sang in English and then sing them in English. But it was hard to remember the English words while hearing them sung in Italian. So this week I decided that it didn't matter if I knew what I was singing that I was going to sing it in Italian! I figure the Lord knows what I am singing and that is all that matters! It was fun singing them in Italian!

There are a couple girls my age at the church that speak English so I went to lunch with them! There were 4 girls and 3 boys that went to eat with us. So 2 of the girls spoke English and 1 of the boys spoke a little English. But they had to translate for me! We went to a Chinese restaurant that serves Chinese and Italian food. I had some fried rice with chicken. It was actually VERY good! I was surprised! And then for desert...of course I had to have the Tiramisu! It was wonderful!

I then came back home, took a little nap, finished reading Radical (you MUST read this book!), then hung out with the grandparents.

Its 11pm here! So I am off to bed!

Thanks for all the continued prayers!

I love you all!
Kellie

No comments: