Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Potty Training?!

I am wondering that if somewhere in my application I randomly put "potty training" as a skill, but they have decided that Marco needs to potty train. 

Yesterday was our first day. He ABSOLUTELY will not go on the toilet so they have one of those kid potties, which also means that you have to dump it out, not flush! Great! If any of you know me I do not like body fluids, if you catch my drift. So...we went through like 7 pairs of underwear yesterday! And its not like he doesn't understand that he is supposed to go in the potty because I would set him on there every now and then, and seriously, not 1 min later he would run outside and go in his pants! So needless to say, by the end of the day I had washed my fair share of underwear! 

Today started out no better. At one point he went in one pair, I took them off, washed them, put on another pair. Not a minute later, he went in those, I washed them, put on another pair. Not a minute later, he went in those, I washed them, and before I could put on another pair he went and sat on his little potty and went!!! So there was lots of praises and kisses! Maybe he realizes its a good thing now! 

Had some issues with Alan this morning, so I had to be a little mean and let him know whos boss. Sometimes he needs reminded haha. Alan is fine with me as long as I don't have to to tell him no. 

Well, nothing else really going on. 

Love you all!
Kellie

2 comments:

Megan said...

LOL! You poor dear. Goodness how I loathe potty training. So glad that the Cross's children are all potty trained except the new baby! :D

Unknown said...

I know a few things about potty training. How old is he? For boys, there is a trigger in the brain. If the child has not met the level of maturity for the trigger to go off, then your wasting your time. It's like a switch that links the sensation to go, with the brain. Without this connection, they don't understand the urge to go before it's too late. You may have a few successful attempts, but mostly failures, leading only to confusion for him, and frustration for you! But to me it just sounds like stubbornness on his part! Good Luck!