Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

1 Month

I have been in Italy exactly 1 month today, and tomorrow I will come home in 1 month! This has been a very interesting first half of my trip. I have learned very little Italian, dealt with some CRAZY kids, and met some amazing people! I am praying that this last half seems just like it is all downhill from here.

At the end of Dug Down Deep, Joshua talks about how we view the church. Most of us view it as a gas station. You go there because you need to be filled up, you don't go there more than to be filled up. Joshua Harris says, "The journey of the Christian faith was supposed to be made with other believers. The church isn't a gas station. Its the bus I am supposed to be traveling on." We get on this said "bus" every morning and it takes us around to where we need to go. And since we ride this "bus" everyday, people associate us with this "bus". Bus=God.

And people throw around the word church as if anytime 2 Christians are in the same room, they are a church. Some performers at concerts say, "We're gonna have church in here tonight!". What exactly does that mean?

So that is my challenge. What does church mean to you? Are you doing it to just be "filled up" once a week, or do you see it as not about you and what you can get out of it?

Gotta get back!

Love you-
Kellie

2 comments:

joe and karen said...

When I came to know Christ, I became a member of the church. Church in the Greek is eclesia which means the called out ones. Church was never an organization, though we treat it as such. It is a living organism made up simply of those who know and love Him. Church was never meant to be about men's kingdoms fueled by their own agendas, but rather to fulfill what Christ said He came for which is summed up in Isaiah 61....the spirit of the Lord God is upon me because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the meek; He has sent me bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound.
Kellie, keep your heart turned to Him and LOVE Him with everything that is in you and then love those he puts around you. You are a blessing. Love ya, girl

Megan said...

Mmmm love love love Kellie!! SO many times we are going to church to GET. What do I hear when people change churches a lot? They weren't GETTING what they wanted. You get what you are willing to give. :)