Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 9, 2010

Mosquitos think I taste good.

Seriously, I am going to try and get this post written before my legs become one big mosquito bite! Alan and I were counting our bites at the table tonight and I had over 15! Its sad that that is how I bond with the boys, counting mosquito bites!

Well yesterday, Patrizia took me to another part of Rome that they call Modern Rome. Its called that because some of its buildings and statues and such have been built within the last 100 years.

The building behind the weird/cool statue is where the NBA plays and they have concerts and such.


Rome has some of the prettiest fountains!


This is the water fountain I was talking about in an earlier post. I think its just so cool.


This is part of a wall we were walking by! I just thought the different tiles were beautiful!


I googled Steward Johnson and he is just an American artist. This piece "Awakening" is his largest piece. 














Marco didn't want to take a picture.


Alan was cheesin it up!





This guy is thought to have maybe invented the telephone before Bell! Since there was such controversy, and Bell obviously won, some guy made this statue/tower for Marconi.





This statue is from back in Hitlers days. Typical Hitler salute. 


Mosaic sidewalk


Naked man statue...they are everywhere!


These kids where sucking face right before I took this pic! 


I have no info about this statue....just had to have a picture!


Ok, this building has something to do with political something. Patrizia was trying to explain it to my in her broken English...and I did my smile and nod thing that apparently I am good at haha. I will google it later and let you know what it is. But in every window on the bottom row there is a statue!





Naked man and his horse!



Ok everybody, my legs are one big mosquito bite and it was ALL for you! Hope you enjoy! Tomorrow I am going to actual Rome with Patrizia and her brother! So hopefully LOTS of pictures to come!

Love you-
Kellie

No comments: