Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 16, 2010

Pharisees

I was reading Mark this morning and came across chapter 8:11-13. And in these 3 verses I felt more convicted and like a Pharisee. The Pharisees demanded a sign from God to test Him. Then the Lord sighed and got on the boat and left them. I have a feeling the Lord sighs a lot with me. I think we as a generation are demanding more and more signs from the Lord to test Him. We need to remember that the Lord doesn't need us, He doesn't need to be needed by us to fill complete. He is loving us and blessing us out of sheer grace. Not because he feels obligated to, but because He loves us! I don't know when we got to the place to where we think we can demand ANYTHING from God.

That brings me to, we don't fear God. We run to him in times of trouble and throw up a little "Thank you Lord" when things go good. When we sin, we ask for forgiveness, but do we truly repent. I think we put God in a box WAY too often. Now know when I say "we" I definitely mean ME! I am the worst at throwing up one liners to make me feel like I talk to God everyday. I don't spend near enough time in just prayer.

So there ya go. I kind of just rambled, but I hope I got my point across. We need to radically change our lives and the way we view God. At least I do!

I get the boys back in the morning. Its been a wonderful week! I cannot believe all the things I have gotten to see!

Thank you everybody for praying for me. I need a lot of prayer these next couple days because Andrew said that Patrizia's parents SPOIL the boys and that they will be "very naughty" for a couple days. So, I will need lots of prayer!

Love you-
Kellie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey can you email me the place you got your bedspread from? Meagan wants to try and get one. Love you hope you are doing well and having fun. Love reading your blog! Shay