Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 31, 2010

New friends and an Alan story.

So this last week there was a mission group from Colorado here doing an English camp. I got to meet them at church last Sunday. I didn't get to see them during the week because I was working and they were doing their camp. But last night to end the camp they had a little program for the kids and family. We met at a park and the American teachers taught them the electric slide, which I had to get in on, and then some other country dance that I didn't know. It was SO much fun! I got to meet and get to know a lot of the girls that are here on this trip. One of them, Kayla, goes to Tabor! Its crazy how small our world can be! And they were telling me that since the camp was over that they were going to see Rome by night on Saturday night and then go again on Monday. They invited me to come with them tonight, Saturday, but I usually have the kids on Saturdays so I had to say no. But when we were driving home, Andrew asked me what their plans were for Sunday. I told him about their touring but that they didn't have anything planned for Sunday. So him on his own, without me asking, said that he would keep the kids on Saturday night and I could go with them to tour Rome! So I got up this morning and walked up to EBEI (pronounced ebay, the institute that the Americans are staying in and where Andrew works) to see if they had room for me and what time they were leaving. They were more than happy to have me and I sat and talked with them while they ate breakfast for over an hour! It was such a wonderful time! I am very excited to go tonight.

Now for the Alan story. The boys were SO excited to go to the American dance party, as they called it, but it looked like it was going to rain. Alan was so worried that we wouldn't get to go. Right in the middle of dinner, he stopped eating, and started praying to God that it would please not rain! Now I can't tell you exactly what he said because it was all in Italian, but he folded his hands and closed his eyes, which was clue he was praying; and talked about pioggia, which means rain in Italian. So I got the jest of what he was talking about. We laughed and thought it was cute and went on eating. Well, while we were in the car headed to the park, Alan informed us that he prayed to God that it wouldn't rain but God talked to him and told him it was going to rain. He was pretty upset.

Well, we got to be there about an hour before it started to rain. As I was carrying Alan to the car I said, "Alan, you said that God told you it was going to rain and it did!" He just looked at me and shook his head as if he was saying, "Uh, ya! I told you so!" It was so cute!

So I am praising God for the time I get to spend with my new American friends tonight! It will be a much needed outing. And some REAL Italian food!

Love-
Kellie

No comments: