Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Pictures, pictures, and more pictures!

On Saturday, Patrizia and I left early in the morning to go to Rome. We met up with her brother, Roberto, and when she had to go to work around 1, I stayed and toured more with Roberto. We walked for 6 hours straight! Over 7 miles! The thing I was disappointed in was that you could not take pictures in the churches! Even though, everybody and their dog was, I was with the "follow the rules" guy so I didn't get to take any.  And, somehow, we forgot to eat. So all I had was some Italian snowcone thing, and some gelato. I was exhausted but it was fun!

Then on Monday I went with Andrews parents and his 2 nieces, that are here on holiday, to the beach on the Mediterranean Sea!! It was beautiful!

And today, Tuesday, Andrew, Patrizia, and I went to Rome to tour some more. Andrew told me that he already purchased the bus tickets online so I didn't need to worry about that. But what I didn't realize is that we were going on the tourist bus! The one that gives you headphones and tells you history and everything! Now, it was a lot of information, so do not expect me to tell you about most of the pictures.

Ancient Rome


Typical street in Rome


I THINK this is St. Peters





This is a grave!


Some mythological creature statue.










Ancient theater.





One of my favorite fountains!








Me!


Pantheon!






Yes, this is the Colosseum! 



Note to everybody who is going to go to Rome. Do NOT get an American Express card!!! They do not take it! I have NOT found one place that will take my card! Get a Mastercard!

Hope you enjoyed just a piece of what I got to see these past couple days! On Thursday I am going to the Vatican!

Love you-
Kellie





No comments: