Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thursday - Part 2

Oh my! I feel like days has past since my last post and it hasn't even been 24 hours! After the park we had lunch. Since Andrew's parents are still here. we usually eat with them for lunch, which is awesome because she is an amazing cook! Today we had some kind of potato casserole with ham in it. They called it Guatto (not sure of spelling). The past 2 days since I have been here the weather has been wonderful. so we eat outside! They drink wine with every meal, well, at least lunch. Andrew, Patrizia, the boys, and I eat dinner by ourselves and they always have beer. I haven''t tried the wine because I don't want to offend them if I didn't like it and you have to eat and drink everything! Waste nothing! But dinner with Andrew and Patrizia is very different. They are not very good cooks. Tonight Patrizia was working, so Andrew dug in the freezer and pulled out some frozen fish...yeah. Since I do not like any fish, besides the Dungan's of course, I drowned it in ketchup and tried not to breathe while chewing. So needless to say I am going to miss Andrew's mother's cooking! But I found out today that they will be back for a little while in a week! That makes me SO happy!!

As for learning why the Lord has me here...I am still searching, but I am getting an idea. I am thinking He decided that I needed time away from things that are comfortable and normal so that when I cry every night because I can't understand the boys or Patrizia, I will only be able to turn to Him. If that is the only lesson I need to learn here than that's fine, but I have a feeling that I am in for a huge makeover.

The past few weeks I have just been reading through the Psalms because I really didn't know where I was supposed to be reading. But today I finally decided that I needed to read through the Gospels. I have never just sat down and read them straight through. I am halfway through Matthew and learning so much!

I LOVE nap time! The boys sleep for about 2 hours and that is kinda like my free time. Today I just read my Bible, read my book Radical by David Platt. That is a must read! I should get paid for this advertising! I even got a little nap in myself!

Oh and I cooked my very first Italian meal for the boys tonight Frankfurt Sausages...or...hotdogs. Really?! Well, hopefully I will learn some real Italian soon!

That's pretty much it for today. It has been a long day and I am tired!

Love you-
Kellie

No comments: