Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 25, 2010

Day One on the job

Today was my first real day on the job. Well kinda of. Grandma and Grandpa were still here this morning but they were packing and getting ready for their week long trip. But Franchie, the boys' 11 year old cousin, still played with them - which is a huge help to me! I will miss her. Even though we have this huge language barrier I still feel like we communicate. But I still was more in charge today.

Yesterday, we blew up the pool, la pacina, so it was still up today.  Franchie and the boys played in it right away. It was funny.  Franchie's older sister, whose name I still can't remember and knows NO English, came to me and I could tell she was trying to ask me a question. So she got Franchie to come and she tried to tell me but couldn't find the right words. So Grandpa was outside and he told me what she was wanting . . . she wanted to borrow my hair straightner haha! I thought that was what she was talking about but I had no idea that she was wanting to borrow it!  HaHa!

So even though we don't live up north in Pampa anymore, I still get the daily Bible verse from the Christian radio station sent to my phone. Today's was-

Phillipians 4:6- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

I worry and am anxious most of the time here. So this verse really spoke to me. I just cant seem to remember that this trip was all ordained by the Lord! It's amazing how easily Satan can get to me. Pray that I will remember the promises God has made and that I will trust those promises.

Lunch was good today. Andrew made pasta with tomatoe sauce with some really strong cheese! The cheese got a litttle overwhelming towards then end. I am thankful Marco was still hungry and ate the rest of mine!

Andrew and I have had some great conversations the past couple days! Just talking about how sad it is that this one guy in his home group can't completely trust the Lord.  He can't understand why God would let his father die from cancer when he was 8! And just about the church in general - how as a whole the church has strayed away from scripture. He hears a lot of  "But we are in the 21st century, that doesn't apply to us anymore."

Also pray for the financial situation they are in. Andrew is going back to seminary in the fall to work on his Master's but they will barely have enough money to live. His dad is going to help pay for classes but they are going to have to depend on support to provide food and such. They were hoping to get around 200 supporters but as of right now they only have 20!  Pray that they will know and trust that the Lord will provide.

Well, I think I might nap as well.

Love you-

Kellie

No comments: