Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 28, 2010

1st official day alone with the boys.

So my day started with the boys at 8:30 am. I walked over to the house and we ate breakfast and then the dad left for work. The boys and I played outside, blew bubbles, and watched a movie (all in Italian!). As with all kids, they behaved much better when it was just me and the parents were not around. I mean I still had problems. I would say, "stop" and they would go, I would say, "don't hit" and that meant, "hit harder and as much as possible before she gets over here!" So we have some behavior issues to work on over the summer. Then they were getting even more grouchy so I decided it was time to fix lunch. Patrizia had made pesto last night for me to put on pasta for lunch today. Let me tell you...the pesto was AMAZING!!! I dipped a cracker in it earlier in the morning and almost got a spoon out! She told me how to make it for when I get home! So I made lunch and the boys ate. Marco eats like it will run off his plate if he doesn't shove and stuff it all in as fast a as possible. Alan is an awful eater. He says that he doesn't want to eat because he is afraid he will get fat! Isn't he a little young to be worrying about that! But Alan actually ate really well for lunch!

After lunch I decided that before naps I needed to wear them out, so we went outside. The ran and ran and then we went to the swings. We swung for like an hour! Marco even fell asleep in his swing at one point but it wasn't quite time for naps so I woke him up and we started singing songs.

Dad came home while we were swinging and he ate, then came and got the boys for their nap. Now basically I was done for the day because Patrizia gets home from work by the time they get up from their naps, when she works the morning shift. So I went to my room and talked to my mom and Brenna on Skype, which by the way is awesome!!!

I decided I needed to go and see if Patrizia needed any help with anything. I helped her water all the plants around the yard. Now, when we started watering the boys wanted to help. So...Patrizia had me help Marco, and she helped Alan. If I touched the water hose to help him at all he yelled and screamed and threw himself on the ground! This kid was serious!

We had cheese omelette for dinner with a tomato and mozzarella dish. It was pretty good. Im not a huge tomato fan so I ate it with bread.

Nothing too exciting happened today. But Patrizia did tell me she talked with her parents and on July 12th they are going to take the boys to the beach and she is taking me to Rome!! Looks like I will have to get all my sight seeing and shopping done all at once.

Last thing is I want all of you to be praying for this family and their financial situation. I got some specific details on what they need. In October Patrizia is going to take at least an 8 month leave (unpaid) while Andrew undertakes full time study with the German branch of Columbia International University. They need 80 regular supporters ( at the least $20 a month from at least 80 individuals). $20 is not a lot of money and when I get back I am going to make that commitment but I am just one of 80! They need to meet this goal by October. Please pray to see if God is leading you in supporting this wonderful family! I feel God has put me in their life for one reason to maybe get some supporters that they would have otherwise not had.

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement!
Love you-
Kellie

No comments: