Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday

Went to church this morning. I had no idea what to expect. Last night Andrew told me to be ready by 8:30am. So I wonder out of my room at 8:30am and they are all still in their PJ's and haven't even eaten breakfast! Its like they had just rolled out of bed when I have been up for over an hour haha. Anyways, we eat breakfast and I help the kids get ready and dressed.

Now the car situation I was wondering about. I mean its not a bad car, its just that it is a 5 seater, with 2 car-seats! So they let me sit in front and Andrew squeezes in between the 2 car-seats. It was quite funny!

At church there was actually a couple people who spoke English. We walked in and Patritzia walked me over to this lady, said something in Italian to her and had me sit down beside her. They Patritzia and Andrew and the boys went and sat on the other side of the room. They just left me with this lady. But she spoke English so that made it a little better. But the reason I was sitting beside her and not them was because she translated the whole sermon to me! I sure hope they asked her if she would mind doing that previously! I felt awful.

The way the service went was, we would sing, then somebody would stand up and pray, then somebody would shout out a song name and we would sing that, then somebody would pray, ect. That went on for about 20 minutes, then somebody got up and read from the Bible. Then more singing and praying. Then a guy got up and preached (it was one of the elders because they can not afford a pastor). This is when she started translating.  After he preached, we took the Lords Supper...with real wine, not grape juice! Then more singing and praying. Finally at the end they took prayer requests.

The service wasn't weird but it was different. I had never seen it ran like that before. Andrew said that they are very flexible in how things go.

Lunch today was SO SO good! I would tell you what it was called but I can't pronounce it nor spell it! I had pasta, cheese, nuts, and greens (salad) all mixed in together. I was a little worried about the hot salad in it but, OH MY it was good!

This next week Patritzia works all mornings, so that is good for me because she is back by 3ish but bad for her because she has to get up so early! I think I will have to be there for the boys around 8am or 9am.

Pray for Patritzia this next week as she will be working early. Pray for the boys, that they will listen to me! Pray for supporters for them. They only have one car right now because the other one is so broken, the mechanic can't even figure out what is wrong with it. They do not have the money at the time to buy another one either, and another car would be very beneficial at this time in their life! Pray for me as I have not felt well today. I took a nap while the boys napped hoping that would help and it did a little but I just feel not 100%. I need to be 100%!

Thank you for your continued prayer!

Love you-
Kellie

1 comment:

Megan said...

Wow! What a day!! I will be praying that you feel absolutely perfectly healthy. :) Isn't it so neat to visit church in another country and see how the believers do things there?? I just love it!! It was so awesome chatting with you today. :) I'll be praying for the boys too that they'll mind you!