Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Park

This morning the family had me come eat breakfast at 9am so we could then go to the park. When I got there they had everything set out and everybody had already pretty much finished. So I ate my 2 pieces of toast with marmalade (jelly) and drank some coffee. Of course it didn't take me long to eat so when I was done I helped clean up. Well Andrew said "That was a quick eat. I thought you would eat for 30 minutes or so. You do this every morning? Just eat and go?" Haha. I guess the Italian culture sits around for a while.

After we cleaned up, we stopped by the Bible school where Andrew works. It is beautiful! I will post pictures when I get my computer up and running. I met the secretary and she speaks English! So Patrizia asked her if some Sunday she would take me to the city to tour!! She said that she has only been there 3 times so we could be tourists together!

Then we went to the park. Not walking distance in my mind but anyways. It was pretty much the same as the parks in the States, except for the water fountain (I didn't get a picture but hopefully I will soon). It looked like just a water spout. I thought you would just cup your hands and catch some water and drink from your hands. But no! You cover up the hole the water is coming out of and it comes out a hole in the middle of the spout and looks like a water fountain! I would have looked real dumb if I would have tried it by myself!

Now we are back home. I will post another tonight to tell about the rest of my day!

Here are some pictures of where I am staying.

Love you all!  Thank you so much for all the prayers!!!
Kellie

1 comment:

Lene said...

I'm loving the peek into your first days. I'm glad that you felt better after some rest. You are an amazing woman!