Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Preparing to leave

I'm not sure I am good at this blog stuff, so bare with me. I am also not the best writer, so bare with me there too. Grammar was not my best subject. Just being honest! 

I leave for Rome in 5 days and I have NOTHING ready. I don't even have my checklist filled out. I am a procrastinator, so I will probably not even begin packing until Sunday night. I might even be able to squeeze it into Monday morning. 

I am a fiction fanatic. I always have a fiction book going. But I decided that while I am in Italy, I am going to make my focus totally on God and what He has to teach me while I am there serving Him. So I am loading up on Christian Living books along with my Bible. My first prayer request from you is that I really listen to what God is wanting me to learn. Pray that I take to heat what I am reading.

My second prayer request is for communication between me and Alan and Marco (By the way that's the boys names). Pray that I can show Gods love to them even though we are from different cultures. Pray my actions glorify Him. 

And my last prayer request for right now is for a safe flight. I have flown before but not for 18 hrs. My plane leaves at 4:35 on Monday; I fly for 16 hrs; land in Frankfurt, Germany and have a 6 hr layover there; then fly 2 hours to Rome where it is 5:35 p.m. Rome time. Which by the way is 7 hours ahead of TX.

My plan with this blog is to hopefully post pictures and keep in informed about my daily life. I am sure there will be venting involved along with the joys and fun sight seeing pictures! Thank you for praying for me while I am serving the Lord. 


Love, 
Kellie

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You will definitely be in my prayers! I'm jealous of this opportunity! Be safe!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are doing a blog so we can live vicariously through you! We will be praying and looking forward to your stories.
Lene

Megan said...

Kellie I just am stunned to hear how God works...how silly little me who didn't even know you helped you hear about this opportunity. I totally saw that listing for Rome when I was on the site and thought it sounded fun. I hope you have a GREAT time and that God grows you SO much while you are there. I'm looking forward to reading about your trip and seeing pictures!!! :)