Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 14, 2010

It's all coming to an end

Well, I only have 8 more days here in Italy. When I first came 2 months sounded like FOREVER! I thought this day would never come, but now that its here I can actually say that I am sad. I have met some pretty amazing people and made some lifelong friends.

Last weekend I went to Ostia to stay with my friend Monet and her husband Marco. They are the ones that Andrew and Patrizia had over for dinner because Monet is American. We have hit it off great and I hope to come back and see her sometime! I LOVE Ostia! Its such a hip little town. Every night in the main Piazza, there is live music. Its different genres every night and when we went, it was German classical haha. I couldn't tell it was German, but it was good! Then because it was a Saturday night, along the beach, artists had all these booths set up of their paintings and there was an outdoor bookstore. Too bad I don't read Italian. There were some great prices for books. For dinner Saturday, Monet and I, the two Americans decided it would be a good idea to try and make her Italian husband some pizza. Bad idea haha. First mistake, we made too much dough so it was the thickets pizza ever. Real Italian pizza is thin crust. Second mistake, we didn't let the dough rise enough so it was hard. It was quite comical. Marco was nice about it and ate like 3 or 4 pieces. What a trooper! We still had left over dough so I decided I would make cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and Marco had never had them! They turned out WONDERFUL! I was pretty proud of myself.



Sunday, we went to church and then Marco's mom cooked us lunch. Ok, seriously, I have never had food this good EVER! She made Lasagna! I can't even describe how good it was. One thing I have realized is that us Americans use way too much red sauce! Solution, less red sauce, more cheese! Then she brought out potatoes, salad, and some pretty amazing meat! I was SO SO full by the time we left there! But I will never want to eat Lasagna ever again...except in Italy of course.

So on Sunday, the boys are going to stay with Patriza's parents again and not coming back till after I leave!! Which means that I have to tell them bye tomorrow! I am going to miss them so much! When Andrew and Patrizia are not around they are the best little boys and we have so much fun together! So I have been doing a lot of, "this is the last time" stuff. Last night was the last time I will get to bathe Marco, which is really fun! And the last time I will get to kiss them goodnight. Marco loves the kisses and Alan acts like it bugs him but I know he loves it too!

I had to tell Andrew's parents bye last yesterday too. They are going to a conference in France and will be back the day after I leave! That sucked too.

On Thursday we went to a water park...yeah. It was packed and hot. Not my idea of a day out but I got a great tan and didn't have to babysit so whatever.

So Andrew and Patrizia decided to do something really sweet for me, they booked me a hotel in Florence for Tuesday night! So I will have some fun pictures to post next week.

Love you all and see you soon!

1 comment:

Lene said...

I've loved reading about your Summer. I know that your family is excited about you coming home. I'm glad you have had a good time and had this opportunity.